Here at Foundations we are big fans of gratitude!
Research shows that expressing gratitude can help improve our health in so many different ways – physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, personally & professionally. Happier Human provides a more specific list of the many health benefits being grateful can offer:
While expressing gratitude by no means is a health cure-all, being regularly grateful for the things you do have in your life instead of ruminating about the things you don’t have or don’t like can provide you with a mindset that will lead to important health benefits such as:
- Improved health & happiness
- More fulfilled careers & social relationships
- Increased optimism & decreased materialism
- Healthier self-esteem & stronger resilience
- Better quality sleep & increased calm
- Higher rate of productivity & goal achievement
- Stronger leadership skills
So if you are interested in finding tools to help you feel better & live a healthier, happier life, try expressing a statement of gratitude to yourself once per day each & every day for 30 straight days & see what happens!